Thursday, January 2, 2014

My Kind of Meditation

I exist in many different forms of meditation. Depending on what state I am in, or where I am, I exist in various forms of meditation. Two of my most popular forms are listed below.

Active Listening

Sometime, I will sit still and listen to every form of sound that my ears can interpret. Doing this, allows me to be grateful for each sound. I can also interpret the meaning and purpose for each sound. After each session of active listening, I gain more gratitude for living. This is because, I've taken time to be thankful for one of my senses, and this makes me have an overall gratitude attitude.


Movie Reflection 

After I have watched a movie, I liked to sit in the theater to the absolute end, and then sit there a little longer, for what I like to call a "movie reflection session." During this session, I sit quietly in an attempt to clear my mind of nothing but a flow of positive thoughts. By sitting until the very end, I feel I have given respect to the individuals who worked hard to make the movie a success. Lastly, I always feel lighter when I come out of the movie theater. I have spent about an hour to two hours with my mind focused on something other than living life and all that that encompasses. It's like a mental vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment